With nearly 12 months gone since we acquired the Chucklebus, our thoughts have turned to this years summer jaunt. Last year we mooched about in SW England and along the West Wales coast, learning how to live in the van for extended periods. This year we plan to step it up a little and cross over to mainland Europe heading deep into Germany on a 20 odd day road trip. Lots to do and see, adjusting the speed of travel as required, mainly stopping over on Stellplatzes(municipal stover sites for motorhomes), with the odd decent campsite for admin and R+R!
The five main areas of geographical interest are:
1. The Mosel Valley – A wine producing region.
2. The Spa town of Baden-Baden
3. The Black Forest. The forest is 200km in length, we plan to end this stage at Lake Constance on the German/Austrian/Swiss border.
4. The Alpiner Stasser. Along the German Austrian Border
5. The Romantische Straße. A 410km route between Fussen and Wurzberg, a selling ploy dreamt up by German travel agents to sell to American servicemen and their families, holidaying over 60yrs ago. The route passes through typical picturesque german towns and villages in Southern Germany with the Alps as a backdrop.
So far we’ve booked the Eurotunnel Crossing for July/August Folkstone-Calais, quite reasonable at £200 including “Das Hund!” The trip is of 30mins duration and then its a 4-5 hr drive to the Koblenz area to commence the trip south though the Mosel. We are also in the process of getting the Mutts pet passport sorted.
Work in Progress
That is all.